Launched on January 22, 2008, the Global Classroom “Integrated Approaches for Sustainable Development Practice”provides masters level students from universities around the world with the unique opportunity to learn from some of the leading experts in the field of sustainable development, while engaging in an interactive, cross-institutional learning experience.
- Shared syllabus implemented locally at each institution
- Shared resources (on-line lecture presentations from expert practitioners and complementary readings and learning materials)
- Weekly, interactive web-based discussions with guest lecturers and participating universities
- Course management “Super Site” accessible to all instructors, including a global discussion board for students and instructors
- Suggested assignments to engage students in cross-collaboration with colleagues and peers across the network of partner universities
- Local discussions are led by academics and practitioners who share their expertise in the topic under discussion