On completion of the programme, Development Professional Graduates of the MDP Peradeniya will be able to
- undertake projects that require an integrated perspective and effectively lead multidisciplinary teams;
- incorporate knowledge and skills from different disciplines in the design and application of development interventions;
- use up-to-date spatial analysis and data analysis methods and tools (e.g. GIS, Stata and other statistical analysis software);
- design, monitor and evaluate projects while paying attention to sustainability , economic, environmental and social aspects;
- communicate effectively on technical details with experts in many disciplines;
- develop integrated policy solutions that are scientifically , politically and contextually grounded.
By acquiring knowledge and skills from a broad range of disciplinary areas, MDP graduates will be prepared for employment locally, nationally and globally in
- national and international development agencies,
- non-governmental organizations,
- research institutes,
- government departments,
- financial institutions,
- private companies,
- media and civil society.
Where do our students and graduates work?